Monday, March 14, 2016

Where Have I Been?

After a bit of a hiatus from pedigree writing, I am back on track to return to pedigree blogging... as soon as the fine folks at Select Web Ventures get my PedigreeQuery.com access working again.

ThoroughbredCatalog has been a great success for me in proving what a not-so-well schooled programmer can do, even though he hasn't written any substantial code in quite some time. I was able to write the site from the ground up, with some help of some outstanding cloud service offerings from Microsoft and ASP.Net Identity 2.0, and not-so-Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition.

All of the consignors I have signed up are targeting the Fasig-Tipton July Sale, Saratoga, and Keeneland September. The catalogs for these sales will not be published for a couple months, so you won't see actual horses on there for the time being. I have received a lot of interest from a good number of Top 10 and Top 20 North American consignors (by number of horses offered), including numbers 2 and 3 in 2015.

I created the site for the smaller consignors, but have received my best response from the larger consignors who didn't already have a photo and video listing on their websites.

Anyway, back to pedigrees. My next subject will be Mubtaahij, who, due to my subscription error at PedigreeQuery.com, I can only see 5 generations of at this time. This is an absolutely splendid horse who just happened to hit this unstoppable buzz-saw named American Pharoah.

Stay tuned for another exciting run of pedigree blogging while I continue to make final tweaks and do some sales for ThoroughbredCatalog.

If you are a consignor, please e-mail me jared@jaredapps.com to get your free, no obligation consignor account.  Everyone else, go to ThoroughbredCatalog and sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment